Stolen from skyla_doragono
1. Go to Google and type, "You know you're from (your city or state) when...."
2. Cut and paste the list.
3. Bold the items that apply to you.Brooklyn: * You don't go to Manhattan; you go to "The City"
* You never realized you had an accent until you left
* You curse. A lot
* You know where to find alcohol at 3 AM
* You're 35 years old and don't have a driver's lisence (Not yet but I can see this happening.)
* You know at least one person with mob connections (Not that I know of anyway.) * You are walking distance from at least one pizzeria, bagel store, laundromat, deli and drug store
(Oh, God I lol'd so hard at this. XDDDD) * You consider Westchester to be "Upstate"
(I-It's not?) * You have a collection of 27 take-out menus somewhere in your kitchen
* You consider your 8x10 patch of grass to be a lawn
* You know the difference between seeing, fooling around with and going out with someone
* The most frequently used part of your car is the horn (Prolly if I had a car.)
* You've never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building (Ha! I've been to at least ONE of these!) * You detest New Jersey and you get lost every time you go there
* You have friends come over to hang out on your stoop (My stoop is too small now 8C) * You have more than two locks on your door
* If there's half an inch of snow on the ground, you're not driving anywhere * Growing up, you thought of Nellie Bly's Fairyland as a major amusement park
(I MISS THIS PLACE SO MUCH!) * You don't notice sirens or car alarms
* You consider NYU, pratt or pace to be "going away to college" * You nap on the subway without ever missing your stop and you know exactly where on the platform the doors will open
* If you're entire family doesn't live in your house, they're all a few blocks away (No, thank God.) * You've ever been to the REAL Nathan's in Coney Island
* A pigeon has ever crapped on your head or at least your car
* As a kid, you've ever ran into your house to get money because you heard the ice cream man coming
* You've never been to the shore; you've been to the BEACH
* You regularly go to Brennan & Carr to get beef broth* You would only be caught dead in Staten Island to go to the mall because you know how crappy Kings Plaza is
(Ugh, Kings plaza)* You know which ethnic groups you can find in which neighborhoods
* You know the dirty names that go with all the Catholic girls' high schools* Deep down, you know that Long Islanders aren't real New Yorkers
(They're just a step above Jersey.)
* YOU'RE STILL MAD THAT THE DODGERS LEFT!